Garlic has a wonderfully earthy taste that really lends itself to creating a complex, delicious flavor in just about anything you add it to. Not only does it taste great, the added bonus is that garlic is good for you too!
- Garlic is full of antioxidants and helps keep your immune system healthy and strong. Garlic can also help fight chest infection, cough, and congestion.
- Garlic is good for your heart. Studies show that eating garlic can help lower blood pressure, most likely due to the production of hydrogen sulfide gas, which is produced when red blood cells combine with the sulphuric compounds from garlic. The gas can help expand blood vessels, which can assist in keeping your blood pressure steady.
- Garlic can help prevent cancer, partially due to the high amount of vitamin B6 garlic contains. B6 is a natural cancer fighter.
- Garlic can help control insulin production in diabetes patients. (Check with your doctor before you start treating with garlic!)
- Garlic is an effective natural antibiotic that kills certain pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and fungus.